Saturday, June 25, 2011

How I learned to stop worrying and love the Powerbomb

The powerbomb, a throw that involes hurling a lifted opponent from your shoulders to the mat, is one of the most dangerous in all of pro-wrestling.

If you don't believe me, check out what the damn thing did to the Big Show back in 1998:


Then there's what Kawada did to Misawa...


And then there's the one some jackass gave me onto the amatuer wrestling mats in my high school locker room.

[FOOTAGE NOT FOUND]

It's a scary risk to take for entertaining a crowd of yokels, especially if most of those folks are kids, snarky internet fiends, or some other "low-earning" segment of society.  But pro-wrestlers do it all the time, and the reason is because, when a powerbomb is done well, it's an impressive display of impact and coordination:


So what I've learned from the prevalence of powerbombs in pro-wrestling is that risks shouldn't prevent me from taking the chance to create something worthwhile.  That's what I'm doing with this blog. 

To explain, I've been complacent for a long time, and this has resulted in a lack of excitement in my day-to-day life.  All of my weeks are starting to blur together.  I've decided the reason is because I've been too fearful of the "risks" of change. 

Well, no more.  I want to remember, I want to grow, I want to learn.  I'm going to try to push myself to do more, because I want more excitement in life.  And from now on, as part of this resolution to take risks, I'm writing everything pro wrestling (and life) teaches me into this blog.  Hopefully this initiative won't result in me landing on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment