Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Kevin Nash, Gay Ambassador

I don't know a lot about the American homosexual community, but I feel like I've learned most of what I do know from pro wrestler Kevin Nash.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about:




 Now there're a lot of gay jokes in those "comedy" skits - more than you've ever heard in under one minute,  probably - but there was one line in this one that went over my head when I first came upon it.  Kevin Nash turns to Jay Lethal and says, "Have you ever actually administered a Lethal Injection?" The camera then pans to Jay and he responds, "Have you ever been to Fire Island?"

When I first heard that, I tilted my head and thought, "What the hell is Fire Island?"  Then I panicked at the thought that Jay Lethal and Kevin Nash might be more informed about something than me.

Turns out it's an island in New York that doubles as a gay tourism destination. 

I breathed a sigh of relief when I discovered it was only gay joke number umpteen, rather than another massive gap in my geographical knowledge.  I also chalked "Fire Island" down as yet another bit of information I gleaned from the world of pro wrestling. 

So let that be a lesson to you: If you want to learn about homosexual culture, Kevin Nash is the best source this side of William Burroughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment